Private knee replacement Surgery Abroad Avoiding NHS Waiting Times. Why wait longer than you need? You can save money and time by opting for knee surgery as costs abroad for treatment are lower than in UK private clinics, and there are no waiting lists. Costs abroad for treatment is lower than in UK private clinics. There are no NHS waiting lists for Knee Replacement Abroad.
Cost of total knee surgery abroad
As a rule, the cost of total knee replacement surgery in the EU is lower than in the UK. Same surgery in the UK can be very expensive! In many EU countries, the same procedure can be found at a fraction of the cost. You can combine your total surgery with a holiday! And the price of a holiday could be the same or lower than the same surgery alone in the UK.
Savings for total knee replacement surgery abroad
Savings for treatment abroad will vary depending on the implant and the country you want to go to. Many destinations abroad offer savings of 50- 80% compared to the cost of surgery in the UK. Total knee arthroscopy surgery abroad will save you money and save valuable time. NHS waiting times for knee surgery can have an impact on your quality of life. Surgery abroad is starting from £2500.
Why did NHS patients choose to have treatment abroad?
- Costs of surgery abroad – total knee replacement surgery abroad can often be found at a fraction of the price in the UK.
- No NHS waiting lists –NHS are having long waiting lists for total knee surgery, but by travelling to other EU country you can get treatment significantly sooner. And in some cases get a refund for surgery in Europe.
- New surgery options – NHS often offers cheapest available total knee surgery, but in private clinic abroad you and your doctor can choose the best available and least damaging total knee replacement surgery option for you.
- Specialised orthopaedic services – private clinics abroad tend to offer specialised orthopaedic options and specialist, well educated medical staff newest medical equipment. High-quality treatment is what private medical clinics abroad do offer.
- Chose knee replacement prosthesis – if you’re waiting for NHS total knee replacement surgery, by opting abroad you will be able to choose best available prosthesis.
Total knee replacement surgery can be covered by the NHS and can be refunded if treatment is received in a private clinic abroad. Total knee replacement abroad could be an alternative you can afford.