If you need help, and your doctor can’t give you a clear reason there is one quick way to solve the problem – a health check-up, the first step to dealing with your health. One day this is all you need to have a full-body health check-up in a private clinic abroad. One-day full-body health check-ups can include MRI scans, CT scans, X-rays, USG scans, Blood tests, specialist consultations etc. Some clinics in Europe have agreed to accept NHS patients with the S2 form after Brexit. In order to get the S2 form you will need to have a private consultation with a surgeon in Italy (online or physically). After consultation, we will do the rest and the NHS should issue permission to travel abroad within 4 weeks. After that you will be placed on the waiting list in the clinic and treatment usually will be provided within 3 months, depending on your condition.
You can save money and time by opting to have treatment abroad. The price for the treatment is lower than in UK private clinics, and there are no waiting lists.
As a rule, the cost of a full-body test abroad is lower than in the UK. Full body health checkups in the UK can be very expensive, and in many EU countries, the same procedure can be found at a fraction of the cost. Often this means that you can combine your personalised tests with a holiday, for less than the price of having the same scan alone in the UK.
Savings for treatment abroad
The actual cost savings you can make by having check-ups abroad will vary depending on the procedure you want and the country you want to go to. Many popular treatment destinations abroad offer savings of 50- 80% compared to the cost of private full-body health checks in the UK.
Other costs besides costs of check-up surgery
There are more costs to full-body health check-ups abroad than just the cost of the procedure itself. You need to fly and pay for your stay, and you may also need to consider these costs for a person that goes abroad with you. Private medical clinics can offer complete packages, that will include arranging flights, accommodation and your aftercare holiday break, all for one set price. You can arrange your trip and then you will need to consider all the costs of flight, transfer, accommodation and meals.
Cost of treatment abroad:
- general tests starting from £300,
- personalised checks starting from £450,
- full body health check-up starting from £800.
Why treatment abroad is cheaper?
Full body health check-up abroad is cheaper because their costs of service are lower. The wages paid to the doctors and private clinic staff abroad can be far less than those paid in the UK. It is far less expensive to run a private diagnostic clinic abroad than it is to run one of a similar standard here in the UK, so clinics abroad to cut their prices don’t have to charge as much for their services. Full body health check-ups will be provided in high quality and by the best doctors and available equipment.
Why did patients choose to have full-body health check-ups abroad?
There is more than one reason depending on diagnosis, required treatment, costs and others, these reasons include:
- Costs of health check-ups– tests, scans and consultations abroad can often be found at a fraction of the price in the UK.
- No waiting lists –NHS are having long waiting lists for scans and consultations and in some cases, you will be told that you do not require to check, but by travelling you can get treatment significantly sooner. And in some cases get a refund for treatment abroad.
- New surgery treatments – NHS often offers the cheapest available options, but in a private clinic abroad you and your doctor can choose the best available treatment options. Based on your needs and wishes the doctor can plan your personalised health check-up program.
- Specialist services – private clinics abroad tend to offer the newest specialised diagnostic equipment, well educated medical staff. In situations when you are paying for service, you are expecting a high level and that is what private medical clinics abroad offer.
One day full-body health check-up abroad can be covered by NHS and can be refunded, if a health check-up is received in a private clinic abroad. One-day full-body health check-up abroad could be an alternative you can afford.