Thyroid Cancer Treatment Abroad Avoiding NHS Waiting Times
You can save money and time by opting for thyroid cancer treatment abroad as costs abroad for thyroid cancer treatment are lower than in UK private clinics, and there is no NHS waiting lists.
Cancer of the thyroid is a disease in which cancer (malignant) cells are found in the tissues of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is at the base of the throat. It has two lobes, one on the right side and one on the left. The thyroid gland makes important hormones that help the body function normally. The thyroid cancer treatment can be successfully performed in private clinic abroad using newest technology that is many cases is not available to all NHS patients.
Who is affected by thyroid cancer?
Thyroid cancer is more common in women than in men. People who have been exposed to large amounts of radiation, or who have had radiation treatment abroad for medical problems in the head and neck have a higher chance of getting thyroid cancer. The thyroid cancer may not occur until 20 years or longer after radiation.
Types of thyroid cancer
There are four main types of thyroid cancer of the thyroid (based on how the thyroid cancer cells look under a microscope): papillary, follicular, medullary, and anaplastic. The chance of recovery (prognosis) depends on the type of thyroid cancer, whether it is just in the thyroid or has spread to other parts of the body (stage), and the patient’s age and overall health. Some types of thyroid cancer grow much faster than others.
The genes in our cells carry the hereditary information from our parents. An abnormal gene has been found in patients with some forms of thyroid cancer. If medullary thyroid cancer is found, the patient may have been born with a certain abnormal gene which may have led to the thyroid cancer. Family members may have also inherited this abnormal gene. Tests have been developed to determine who has the genetic defect long before any cancer appears. It is important that the patient and his or her family members (children, grandchildren, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews) see a doctor about tests that will show if the abnormal gene is present. These tests are confidential and can help the doctor help patients. Family members, including young children, who don’t have cancer, but do have this abnormal gene, may reduce the chance of developing medullary thyroid cancer by having surgery to safely remove the thyroid gland (thyroidectomy).
Benefits of thyroid cancer treatment in private clinic abroad
- – thyroid cancer scan takes minutes;
- – you can chose time of thyroid cancer treatment;
- – you can keep your thyroid if you qualify for thyroid radiosurgery treatment;
- – thyroid cancer diagnostic and tretment will be quick and you will not need to wait for NHS queue.
Savings for thyroid cancer treatment abroad
The actual cost savings you can make by thyroid cancer treatment abroad will vary depending on the procedure you want and the country you want to go. Many popular treatment destinations abroad offer savings of 50- 80% compared to the cost of private thyroid cancer treatment in the UK. Thyroid cancer treatment abroad will save you money and save valuable time, as NHS waiting times for thyroid cancer treatment can have impact on your wellbeing.
Why patients chose to have thyroid cancer treatment abroad?
There are more than one reasons depending on diagnose, required treatment, costs and others, these reasons include:
- – Costs of thyroid cancer treatment abroad – thyroid cancer treatment abroad can often be found at a fraction of the price in the UK.
- – No NHS waiting lists for thyroid cancer treatment abroad –NHS are having long waiting lists for treatment, but by travelling you can get treatment significantly sooner. And in some cases get refund for thyroid cancer treatment abroad.
- – New thyroid cancer treatment options – NHS often offers cheapest available thyroid cancer treatment, but in private clinic abroad you and your doctor can choose best available and least damaging thyroid cancer treatment option for you.
- – Specialised thyroid cancer treatment services – private clinics abroad tend to offer specialised thyroid cancer treatment options and specialist, well educated medical staff newest medical equipment. In situations when you are paying for service, you are expecting high level thyroid cancer treatment quality and that is what private medical clinics abroad do offer.
Thyroid cancer treatment can be covered by NHS and can be refunded, if thyroid cancer treatment is received in a private clinic abroad. Thyroid cancer treatment abroad could be alternative you can afford.
Now NHS allows you to bypass the NHS queue for thyroid cancer treatment, by reimbursing costs of thyroid cancer treatment, if you receive thyroid cancer treatment in private clinic abroad.